German Coat of Arms ???

Ihre Fragen zur Heraldik sind hier willkommen
Your questions concerning heraldry are welcome here

Moderatoren: Markus, Christian Ader

Antworten
CarolPA

German Coat of Arms ???

Beitrag von CarolPA » 01.02.2005, 13:59

Greetings to all,Would someone be able to give me any information on what this refers to and where it can be found( German coat of arms role of NR. 5431/55 ).I understand from a letter found in a 100 year old family history book that our family ( Laufer, Lauffer ) had been a baron. I have traced our male line 9 generations into the late 1600 to the early 1700's in Germany. Would a coat of arms exist for this name?Research has lead us to near Nurenburg. We have pictures showing, on the outskirts of NurenburgLauferthor,Laufer gate tower, Laufer Schlagthur, Laufer Clock Tower andAussere Laufergasse, Laufer Street all associated with our family. I have a copy of a letter written in 1905 from a Herrn Askar von Laufer saying that sometime in 1600-1700 the Laufers lost their order. Evidently the ancestors took part in some revolution and came out on the losing side, consequently lost his title and who knows maybe his head.Would a coat of arms still exist for Laufer, Lauffer??I am new to healdry and have much reading and learning to do so if my questions are imature please excuse me. Any information would be greatly appreciated.CarolPennsylvania, U.S.A.

Friedhard Pfeiffer

Coat of arms "Laufer"

Beitrag von Friedhard Pfeiffer » 01.02.2005, 17:34

Hallo,German coat of arms role of number 5431/55 is unknown to me.But Lazarus Gottlieb Lauffer of Nurenberg became a coat of arms from emperor Ferdinand I. in the year 1693. Coat of arms is publishes in Siebmacher, volume Bürgerliche 7th part, page 29, board 28.Yours sincerelyFriedhard Pfeiffer

Antworten